CWRS, CDC Titanium & 5605HR CL
Sept 17, 2015. There’s plenty of talk surrounding quality over quantity in crop management these days. Generally, buyers and sellers want to discourage the sacrifice of quality for the sake of volume. Finding the perfect balance of both can be the key to success.
For growers, choosing the right cereal varieties for their farm is no different. A decision always involves the quantity variable through yield potential, along with the equally important quality component. An inability to market, or the need to market at a discount, may be just as impactful to the bottom line as quantity losses. Pulling off high yields can be easier than meeting your or your buyer’s goal of high-quality grain.
The CPS team and grower cooperators have been impressed with the trial results of new Proven Seed CWRS varieties, 5605HR CL and CDC Titanium, which will be available for 2016. Jeff Jackson, Proven Seed Cereals Product Line Manager, says these two new additions to the cereals lineup deliver both quality and quantity, as demonstrated through the 2015 Proven Performance Trials.
“Both new varieties have displayed combinations of grade gain from disease resistance and quality, or price gain, from strong protein levels. Plus, in the case of CDC Titanium, strong midge tolerance,” says Jackson. “Add in yield results that are equivalent or better than competitive varieties and the result is profit for growers. Think about your operation and consider what an additional percentage of protein would mean to your bottom line, or what a grade gain could add to your revenue on a year with high FHB pressure.”
View More Proven Weekly Posts
- September 29, 2016Building trust is the heart of the Proven Performance Trials ›
- June 29, 20162016 Proven Performance Trials ›
- November 23, 2015Proven Performance Trials summary ›
- October 1, 2015Harvest wrap-up ›
- September 24, 2015Canola harvest results ›
- September 17, 2015CWRS, CDC Titanium & 5605HR CL ›
- September 10, 2015Corn, silage ›
- September 3, 2015CWRS, CDC Titanium ›
- August 27, 2015Canola, PV 530 G, PV 531 G, PV 533 G ›
- August 20, 2015Soybeans, NSC Reston RR2Y ›